Thursday, July 20, 2006

Mr. Hyde Ate My Brain

Another cool book I got at the school book fair. How could anyone resist the creepy, hairy, fangy semi-monster man? Um, actually if I saw him in real life, I'd back away slowly, turn on a dime, and run like the wind. But on the cover of a book at the school book fair, when most covers are bland, harmless, oooo-don't-scare-the-kiddies type of books, this one jumped out, smacked me in the head and demanded I buy it. No kid can resist horror classics with disturbing covers.

3 comments:

Jimmy said...

I would've snatched that up in a heartbeat. Although it would have scared me back in the darkness of my bedroom, ha.

Chris Jart said...

Yeah, that was the same for me. In the daylight, I'd buy anything that looked like that. But when it came time to shut off the lights and go to bed, I lived in fear.

Jimmy said...

I had a movie poster of the 70's-era King Kong movie when I was a lad. I loved it, but it also scared the hell out of me. It was the one with Kong straddling the Twin Towers. Anyone big enough to do that was scary.