Sunday, October 09, 2005

Terrible Fashion of the late 70s

In 1979 I started going to concerts. This was probably my third concert. Journey and Sweet - and Sweet was the opener! How they must have loathed opening for Journey. It was at the Civic Center, but was only a half house show.
At that time I liked actually getting to the show early and picking out a spot right down in front next to the barricade. I always brought my crappy little 110 camera to take photos. I took this picture of Steve Perry, which is the best photo of the night. Yet I still can't help be disturbed that his purple shirt is unbuttoned and tied in a knot at his midriff. Oh the humanity!

4 comments:

Johnny Damned said...

Whoa!!!! That chick is hot!!!! And yeah sweet kicked Journeys ass all day long.

Jimmy said...

She is hot, although I'm wondering what she has stuffed down the front of her pants . . .

Ɯbermilf said...

I...HATE... JOURNEY!!!!

But Sweet? Sweet. "This...is...a Ballroom Blitz... this... is...a Ballroom Blitz...YEAAAAAAH it's a Ballroom Blitz!"

Chris Jart said...

Actually I don't think that chicks very good looking. But I do admire how she can keep so svelte.

As for Sweet, yeah they kicked Journeys ass big time. However on this tour they were promoting their record featuring the song Discophony, a disco-y send up of disco songs. Thus the poor sad bastards rocknrolling Ballroom Blitz was all but forgotten by the Journey seeking crowd.